The Cathedral Cove Classic:
Our Specialty Tour
Rated by New Zealand's leading tour companies as one of the best sea kayaking trips in the country, the "Cathedral Cove Classic" has got it all.
The Te Whanganui-A-Hei Marine Reserve opens up a sea kayaking paradise full of beaches, islands and rock gardens that are just waiting to be explored.
Paddle through sea caves, interact with the local marine life and discover the thrill of kayak sailing with the wind on your back. To top it off we land at Cathedral Cove where you will be treated to our world famous cappuccinos and hot chocolates on the beach! Having delighted travellers for over 15 years, the Cathedral Cove Classic is now seen as one of New Zealand's premier eco-tourism attractions.
Locals advice: The morning tour usually has the lightest wind & calmest sea conditions.
Trip details: (Bookings essential)
- Check in: 8.45am & 1.30pm daily* (*Other
departure times may be available during peak season)
- Duration: 3 - 3.5 hours
- NZD $95 Adult / NZD $65 Child 4-15 years
- Refreshments included
- Professional qualified guides
- quality kayaking & safety equipment
- light refreshments
- dry bags for your cameras and big friendly smiles!
You will need:
- Shorts and tee shirt, a warm top
- water bottle
- camera and a sense of adventure!